Search by Topic
Join our mailing list!
Thanks! You've been successfully signed up for the BTU newsletter!
January 17, 2011
4 dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Calif.
The Associated Press
OAKHURST, Calif. — Authorities says four people, including two children, have been found dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a house in California.
Madera County sheriff's spokeswoman Erica Stuart says deputies on Sunday afternoon found the bodies of a 60-year-old woman, a 35-year old male, and two girls, ages 8 and 10.
Stuart says the family was using a gas-power generator to provide power and heat after electricity to the Oakhurst home had been shut off.
One person living in the house, a 27-year-old woman, survived.
The names of the deceased were not immediately released.